Dell Latitude 7220 Tablet: This is a Dell Latitude, but not just any Dell Latitude. This is the Dell Latitude 7220 rugged extreme tablet for you. This is not a thin and light tablet for consumers, but some of you. This is going to be fun educational different and for those who do work in various vertical markets oil and gas industry, the military. Any number of things could be impressive. This incredible machine is available with Windows 10 Pro, for a smooth, versatile PC experience anywhere.
Don’t Miss: iPad Pro 2020 Review
Dell Latitude 7220 Tablet
|UHD Graphics 620|
Memory: 8/16 GB
Rugged Backlit Keyboard
Look at it now so clearly this thing is very beefy, it’s 11.6-inch tablets, I’ll call it 12 inches. It’s got a quad-core CPU inside unless you go with the Core i3, which is a dual-core. These are ultrabook CPUs, you’ve got two removable batteries on the back. What Intel claims display, we’ll talk about how well it does there. So it’s meant for outdoor use, you can still see it. That’s pretty exciting stuff, of course, you might want a keyboard so enter this incredibly rugged.
Dell Latitude 7220 Tablet Specifications
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-8145U (4 MB Cache, 2 Core, 2.10 GHz to 3.90 GHz)
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8365U (6 MB Cache, 4 Core, 1.60 GHz to 4.10 GHz, vPro™)
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8665U (8 MB Cache, 4 Core, 1.90 GHz to 4.80 GHz, vPro™)
- Windows 10 Pro for business.
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
- Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- Size: 11.6-inch.
- FHD: 1920 x 1080 @60 Hz.
- 1000 Nit Outdoor-Readable.
- Anti-Glare, Anti-Smudge, Polarizer, Glove-Capable Touchscreen.
- 8 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz
- 16 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz
- M.2, 128 GB, Gen 3 PCIe x4 NVMe, Class 35 SSD.
- M.2, 256 GB, Gen 3 PCIe x4 NVMe, Class 40 SSD.
- M.2, 512 GB, Gen 3 PCIe x4 NVMe, Class 40 SSD.
- M.2, 1 TB, Gen 3 PCIe x4 NVMe, Class 40 SSD.
- M.2, 2 TB, Gen 3 PCIe x4 NVMe, Class 40 SSD.
- M.2, 256 GB, Gen 3 PCIe x4 NVMe, Class 40 Self-Encrypting SSD.
- M.2, 512 GB, Gen 3 PCIe x4 NVMe, Class 40 Self-Encrypting SSD.
- M.2, 1 TB, Gen 3 PCIe x4 NVMe, Class 40 Self-Encrypting SSD.
- McAfee® Small Business Security (30 Day Free Trial).
- Rugged Backlit Keyboard and Kickstand Combo
- Dell USB Slim External DVD +/- RW Drive – DW316
- 1 Kensington lock slot
- 1 Micro SD-card slot
- 5 MP RGB + IR FHD webcam / 8 MP rear camera with Flash and Dual Microphone
- 34 Whr, 2-Cell, ExpressCharge™, user-replaceable
Here are the 350 dollars rugged keyboard accessory, and it mounts magnetically, just like it would with a surface tablet or any of Dell tablets. More consumer-oriented tablets, this thing is pretty darn. Weighs about three pounds, believe me, this one weighs about another two. So they don’t have the speck on it, but I can tell you it’s pretty heavy. You put it together, and it’s not the slightest thing.
The idea is that it is mil-spec rated for a variety of things, including drops from four feet, dust, humidity, shock vibration. It’s ip65 rated for water and dust, so that means splashing water that sort of thing is excellent now it’s submerging it in water. There’s an even more expensive model. It starts at about 3500. That’s the 72 20x model, and now one is even more rugged. It’s supposed to have armored casing on it, and it’s explosion-proof. If you’re an explosive environment, you can use it safely, which is a rating we’ve seen on these.
This runs Windows 10 on Intel eighth-generation youth series processors with V Pro. That’s why we’re still the eighth trend, because we don’t have V Pro for tenth gen yet, Core i3, Core i5, core i7 or available. We have the core i7 in our model and you can get with eight or 16 gigs of ddr3 low-power RAM. It has an m2 nvme SSD, anywhere from 128 gigs all the way up to a terabyte depending on what you want to spend money for. It has Intel Wi-Fi 6 onboard a X 200. That’s a bit more modern than you might have guessed from the cpu chipset onboard.
Performance is just fine though you know honestly the jump between 8th and 10th generation. Power savings, here but this has plenty of battery capacity not so much of an issue. The display is full HD resolution and 11 point 6 inches. That’s perfectly fine. This is not for photoshop jockeys; this is a very specialized counter product. It has an anti-glare surface, it looks kind of grainy. I think part of that is probably the waterproofing.